A vegan-friendly, no-cook summer soup and all you need is a blender. Different from the ordinary creamy soups loaded with calories, yoghurt substitutes double cream, yet still retains the creaminess of the soup. Lentil is a good source of protein. Perfect for dips or starters.
Photo Credit: Sharon Gerald
- 200g baby spinach
- 2 onions
- 100g green lentils
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt (coconut/soy yogurt for vegan options)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
Photo Credit: Daniella Segura
- Finely chop the spinach and onions. Blend the ingredients together with the yoghurt of your choice. Adjust the creaminess of the soup by the amount of yoghurt and water.
- To serve the soup cold, chill in the fridge.
- Stir in the lentils. Spice up a little with Cajun pepper and black pepper!
By Aimee Yiu