Serves: 4 (as a starter or as part of a meze)
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced finely
- 1 lemon – zest of ½ shaved off in 3 wide strips, the other ½ grated
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g fridge-cold extra-thick Greek yoghurt
- ¼ tsp black lava salt
- Heat oven to 200°C . Start zesting the rind of ½ a lemon and shaving off 3 wide strips.
- Put the tomatoes on a rimmed baking dish that’s just large enough to accommodate them all snugly. Add the oil, cumin seeds, sugar, garlic, lemon strips, a pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper. Toss together with your hands.
- Roast for 20 min, or until the tomatoes are beginning to blister and the liquid is bubbling, then turn the oven to the grill setting and grill for 5–7 min, or until the tomatoes start to blacken on top.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, mix the yoghurt with the grated lemon zest and black lava salt, then return to the fridge.
- Once the tomatoes are ready, spread out the cold yoghurt on a large plate or in a wide, shallow bowl. Spoon the hot tomatoes on top, as well as the pan juices, lemon peel and garlic. Serve at once with some flatbread or sourdough.
For more awesome healthy and simple recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook and check out my website, Kitchenmess. To attend my cooking workshops or supper clubs, please email email@example.com or follow my Facebook page