I would love to make pancakes more than I do but they take longer than my average shake-and-go breakfast. So I call this my Sunday pancake recipe.
(I cook without measurements, use your eyes and taste to make the right amount)
- Coconut flour
- Almond flour
- You can substitute in fine oat flour
- Vegan protein powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt, baking powder, xantham gum (optional)
- Coconut sugar
- Chia egg (around 100 ml for 4 pancakes)
- Almond milk
- Vegan butter
- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Bananas, berries, almonds, walnuts and cinnamon (topping)
- Melt the vegan butter in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add all of the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- The batter should now be smooth but still thick.
- Add some coconut oil into a non-stick pan.
- Once a little heated, add the batter using a ladle into the pan and fry until golden brown. Flip it and do the same to other side.
- Slice the banana and add onto the top along with nuts and berries and a good sprinkle of cinnamon.
It’s simple, easy and delicious and you can also eat this along with nut butters and berry jam. Check out my homemade jam recipe.
Tip: You can use cooking moulds for fun designs (place onto the pan with the coconut oil and add in the batter into the mould or simply cook then cut out).
That’s all friends