Here is a quick and delicious recipe ready for the holidays.
Serves: makes about 24 mini cupcakes
- Blend of gluten-free flours (tapioca, brown rice, sorghum)
- Himalayan salt, vanilla, xantham gum, cinnamon
- Dairy-free milk
- Vegan butter / coconut butter
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips (I used the brand Enjoy Life)
- Plain walnuts
- Plain cashews (for topping) (soaked 1 - 2 hours is better)
- Sweet potato powder (topping) / organic food colouring
- Sweet / vanilla nut milk (topping)
- Mini cupcake tray & blender
- Heat the oven to 180° C.
- Melt a tablespoon of vegan butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- Crush the walnuts well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix by hand. Make sure the constistency is sticky and thick.
- Brush coconut butter / oil around the cupcake moulds.
- Bake each tray for 12 minutes and let the trays cool when they are done. Set inside the oven.
Method for the Topping
- Add cashews into the blender.
- Then add the sweet nut milk & a pinch of salt.
- Blend the ingredients into a thick paste.
- *If unsweetened nut milk is used, then add in some coconut sugar or maple syrup & vanilla.
- Add in pure dehydrated Japanese sweet potato powder / organic food colouring (store bought) and fold in.
- Using a piping bag, add the mixture inside – top the cupcakes in any design you wish. Get creative with the design too!
That’s all friends