I love this creamy superfood soup. It’s full of lots of yummy ingredients that are packed with nutrients, along with my favourite herb: dill. It's also completely free of gluten or any animal products yet is super filling at the same time. It’s great to make a huge batch and keep it for a couple of days. You can thicken it to use as a dip or sauce or thin it to make it more broth-like. The prep work is very low – just peel, chop, lightly sauté and chuck your ingredients into a blender.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
- pine nuts
- sweet potato
- yellow bell peppers
- veggie stock (salted)
- chilli flakes
- fresh dill
- olive oil (for cooking and to garnish)
Note on ingredients: Use the vegetables you have on hand – just make sure to use the base ingredient of carrot to keep the colour scheme.
- Peel and chop the ingredients and shallow-fry them in a saucepan in some olive oil until they are slightly golden brown.
- Add in the stock, just enough to cover the contents, and simmer on low for around 30 minutes.
- Once the ingredients have softened, use a hand blender to blend until smooth.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes to make sure everything is nicely combined.
- Drizzle on some olive oil and fresh dill and serve.