Are your Instagram skills acute? Post an overly appealing Instagram photo with Bacardi Legacy 2014/15 Finalists and their signature drinks, and you could win you a seat at the exclusive Bacardi Legacy Awards Gala dinner, where you will wine and dine with some of the more interesting characters in one of the liveliest food and beverage communities in the world.
Bartenders are creative, charismatic, and some of the best dispensers of empathy, in both liquid and spoken forms. These industry pros stay largely unknown a lot of the time, until they are given the light they deserve and expand out of the bars they inhabit, to make your partying easier and to hone their own skills as they battle out against one another.
In the biggest cocktail competition in this region, eight finalists will compete for the Bacardi Legacy challenge. Mixologists across Hong Kong and Macau have created their signature rum cocktail and seek the lofty title of Bacardi’s Mixologist Of The Year in February. The winner will then travel to Sydney for a chance to compete in the global round.
The eight finalists competing this year are from the following bars:
Alexandre Chatté from Café Bibo
Alexander Chatté’s cocktail is the “El Coco Reviver” made with superior oakheart cassonade, absinthe and charred coconut shell
Dorothy Lam from Flint Grill & Bar
Dorothy Lam’s cocktail is “In Other Words” made with a savory concoction with Bacardi Superior, Fig, Honey, Italian Vermouth, Lemon and Egg white
Kervin Unido from Flint Grill & Bar
Kervin Unido’s cocktail is the “Padre Blanco” and is made with a complex blend of Bacardi Superior, guava, agave nectar, lime leaf and white vinegar
Suraj Gurung from Stockton HK
Suraj Gurung’s cocktail is “Mindy” and made with a beautiful blend of Bacardi Superior, thyme infused Cointreau, egg white, lime juice and cane syrup
Alex Ng from Little LAB Central
Alex Ng’s cocktail is the “New Born” and is made with chinese sweet vinegar to provide a deep, dark and balanced acidity to the spice and vanilla of Bacardi Gold and Oakheart
Devender Sehgal from 8 1/2 Otto E Mezzo Bombana
Devender Sehgal’s cocktail is the “Optimist” and is made with a refreshing mix of Bacardi Superior, Basil, Honey, Ginger and Yellow Chartresue
Austen Lendrum at Honi Honi Tiki Cocktail Lounge
Austen Landrum’s cocktail is the “New Era” and is a refreshing mix of Bacardi Rums, fig, citrus, bitters and mints
Macau's Bruno Santos from Sky 21 Bar & Restaurant
Bruno Santos’ cocktail is the “Voyager” and is made with Bacardi Superior, lemon, tawnyport spices, syrup, vanilla, cardamom, ginger and egg white
On with the challenge! Here's how to play!
Bacardi Legacy Photo Grand Prize:
Even if you didn’t make it to 20 likes on Instagram, all entries with the @afoodieworld tag will be entered in the final draw for the GRAND PRIZE.
Foodie will choose the most creative photos from the Instagram Challenge. Hint: photos with the mixologists in the shot will get more points!
The winner will get two seats to Bacardi Legacy’s black tie awards night, including a 5-course meal at The Island Shangri-La Rooftop Bar.
Terms & Conditions
- Partiers need to purchase at least one Bacardi Legacy cocktail at participating bars (Cafe Bibo, Stockton, Little LAB Central, 8 ½ Otto e Mezzo Bombana, The Flint Bar & Grill at JW Marriott, Honi Honi Tiki Cocktail Lounge)
- Instagram photos must have a minimum of 20 likes on the same photo and on the same visit at the bar in order to qualify for the complimentary Bacardi Legacy cocktail.
- Consumers must be 18 years or above to enter this competition.
- Try and visit the bars on from Thursday to Saturday so you have more of a chance to meet the creator behind the drink
- Get to know the mixologists and ask them to show off their skills. They are far more talented than they modestly let on (eg. They like to throw stuff in the air and catch it in glasses…Hello slow-mo on iPhone 6’s)
- Do tell us what you think of the drinks. We want to know your thoughts as much as those of the professional judges.
- Make sure you tag BOTH @afoodieworld and #bacardilegacy
- The more bars you visit, the higher the chance of winning!
May the odds ever be in your flavour.
Please enjoy BACARDI rum responsibly. BACARDI and the Bat device are registered Trademark of BACARDI & Company Limited