If you're Italian, hang out with Italians or have an Italian boyfriend or girlfriend (although the occurrence is more common with guys), you've probably heard of mammoni, the Italian cultural phenomenon of mama’s boys.
Every second Sunday of May, we all – mammoni and not – celebrate Mother's Day, or La Festa della Mamma. Although we should be just as thankful and appreciative of our mothers on every other day of the year, we’re only human and tend to forget how much our mums have been through and just how much they’ve given to us...
Celebrate your Mother's Day in Hong Kong in an authentic Italian and tasty way at ilBelPaese in Wanchai. Following our motto of 'nothing brings people together like good food', ilBelPaese is organising an Italian-style semi-buffet dinner and lunch for a very special price ($380/person), to make everyone – dads, sons, daughters and especially mums – happy and satisfied.
Check out our Mother's Day menu and...Buona Festa della Mamma!
Semi-buffet starters (includes free-flow juice and soda)
- Various antipasti (olives, grilled artichokes and peppers, etc)
- Assorted cheeses (Brie, Taleggio, Pecorino-Toscano, Parmigiano-Reggiano, served with condiments and nuts)
- Various salads (Caesar salad, cherry tomato with basil, beetroot with feta, octopus salad, Russian salad)
- Pumpkin cappuccino with thyme
- Pan-seared salmon with fennel salad and mango salsa
- Grilled chicken breast with mixed salad and gravy
- Rib-eye steak with sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables
- Chocolate mousse
- Panna cotta with strawberries
- Fresh fruit platter
When: Saturday, 13 May 2017 (dinner) and Sunday, 14 May 2017 (lunch)
Time: 6:30–9:30pm on the 13th and 12–3pm on the 14th
Where: ilBelPaese, 3/F, Bayfield Building, 99 Hennessy Road, Wanchai
RSVP and info: 5498 9756 or firstname.lastname@example.org