It‘s commonly agreed that scorching heat and pasta do not go well together. But are you ready to reconsider this myth?
ilBelPaese welcomes you to taste a light and refreshing pasta-based salad that blends an array of flavours from the heart of the Mediterranean region: cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, bell peppers and aromatic herbs. This salad is ideal for outdoor lunch breaks, picnics, junk boat trips or at the beach. All in all, pasta salad is a simple yet delightful dish that is a meal in itself.
Special Promotion – Pasta Salad Week (7–13 August 2017)
Mediterranean pasta salad for only $60
Available takeaway and dine in, at any ilBelPaese shop:
- Discovery Bay: Shop G30–32A, DB Plaza
- Happy Valley: 18A Yik Yam Street
- Hong Kong Station: Shop HOK66, 1/F
- Mid-Levels: 85 Caine Road
- Sai Ying Pun: 68 Bonham Road
- Sheung Wan: 299 Queen’s Road Central
- Wanchai: 3/F, Bayfield Building, 99 Hennessy Road
Preparing your own pasta salad at home?
Here are a few tips for making this simple, delicious dish:
- Choose short pasta (penne, fusilli or farfalle, for example), although classic spaghetti pairs well with a caprese-type dressing (mozzarella, tomato and basil).
- Don‘t use egg pasta, which is less suitable for cold preparations. Also, eating pasta cold makes it more difficult to digest.
- Drain the pasta a couple of minutes before the cooking time indicated on the package.
- Pasta salad should always be served cold.
- The best way to cool pasta is to spread it over a large tray and drizzle with some olive oil. Avoid the shortcut to cooling pasta by passing it under cold water once drained. Cold water rinses the starch away and the pasta loses its authentic taste.
- Prepare and mix together the ingredients for the seasoning and dressing in advance to allow all the flavours to blend harmoniously.
- Some wonderful recommended ingredients for pasta salad include asparagus, peas, courgette, pulses, aromatic herbs and tomatoes. Include fruits as well such as avocado, melon, pear and peach.
- Pasta salad does not go well with cheesy or creamy sauces.
- Be sure to add the dressing to the pasta only when it is completely cold.