Photo Credits (above): Kim Samsin
You arrive at a shop with a range of teas to pick from; there's green tea, white tea, black tea, oolong, mixed fruit tea; just to name a few. Which one do you pick? It's an overwhelming decision if you're a tea lover, and picking the right cup of tea is essential to unwind from a hectic day at work.
Here are few facts about some teas to help you pick the perfect tea bag of goodness:
Red/Green Rooibos Tea
Photo Credits: Healthy Fellow
Naturally sweet with a nutty flavour. Red rooibos tea is stronger than green rooibos tea because it is a fermented tea.
- Rich in antioxidants: Protect our healthy cells from free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory: Prevents DNA damage and inflammation
- Protect the brain from stress: Our constant psychological stress could increase free radicals which leads to oxidative damage. Therefore, the antioxidants will help reverse the physical negative effects of stress on the body and brain.
Photo Credits: Home remedies magic
Lemongrass has a refreshing lemon-lime taste with a tinge of mint and ginger.
- Aiding digestion
- Calming nervous disorders
- Helping in the treatment of high blood pressure
Photo Credits: Zliving
Ginger tea will give a comfortable spicy heat to the throat, with a subtle sweetness to counter balance the kick.
- Improve your digestion
- Ease bloating, spasms and cramps around the stomach
- A fast acting treatment for nausea and motion sickness
Photo Credits:Blue Chai
The ruby red roselle tea gives a sour taste, yet has a flavour similar to cranberry.
- Aids in blood pressure management
- Relief from cramps and menstrual pain
- Beneficial for losing weight