- 250g cucumber, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 120g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g beef, grilled and sliced
- 40g onion, sliced
- 8g red finger chilli peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 20g celery leaves
- 25g red bell peppers
- 25g garlic
- 25g coriander root
- 5g coriander leaves
- 25g red finger chilli peppers
- 22g red bird's-eye chilli peppers
- 90ml fish sauce
- 110ml lime juice
- 20g palm sugar
- 25g pickled garlic
- 50ml juice from pickled garlic
For the dressing
1. Grill the red bell peppers in the oven until charred. Place the peppers in a bowl and cover with cling film or foil for 5 minutes. Peel and discard the burned skin.
2. In a blender, blend the roasted peppers and remaining ingredients until smooth.
For the salad
1. Soak the cucumber pieces and tomato halves in the pre-made dressing mentioned above. Remove after 30 minutes.
2. Arrange the cucumber and tomato on a plate and top with the grilled beef.
3. Pour the dressing on top and decorate with onion, red finger chilli peppers and celery leaves.
The cookbook is available at all Bookazine shops. Click here to find a location near you.