As its pumpkin season I decided to try out a new recipe created of course by my own trials .
Ingredients & Method
- Dried pasta (I used gluten-free quinoa shells)
- Cook half-way in salted water, drain then set aside
- Soaked raw cashews (use sesame seeds if allergic to nuts)
- Vegan milk choice
- Pinch of nutmeg and salt
- Nutritional yeast powder
- Blend till smooth store in fridge till ready to use
- Loads of finely diced garlic & shallots – fry first in your choice of healthy oil
- Add in a handful of diced mushrooms (& diced zucchini -optional but my favourite)
- Add in 2 cups of chopped raw skinless pumpkin (you can use squash if preferred)
- Add in 200 ml of vegetable stock (100ml per person as it will reduce)
- Add in a variety of your favourite dried herbs - along with some salt & pepper
- Cover the dish and let it sit on medium for 12-15 minutes
- Once done, mash the pumpkin or squash inside the pot
- Add in your ‘cream sauce’
- Stir it then add your choice of pasta and cover for 3-5 minutes
- Eat as it is or transfer into a baking dish in the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes for a nice crispy finish. (Option add vegan cheese here)
- Add some dried herbs on top for extra taste.
Hope you try this, it’s really good and doesn’t have such a strong pumpkin flavour so the kids or those who don’t like veggies won’t know either!
How’s that, a ‘cheesy’ style sauce made from vegetables!!
That’s all friends!