- 1 cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 50 grams corn flour
- 80 grams grated cheese (mozzarella and parmesan)
- 8 leaves of fresh basil
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/5 onion
- Salt & pepper
- 1 spoon lemon juice
- Grate the cauliflower into very small pieces (best blended) and boil in slightly salted water for 5 minutes.
- Then strain the mash and press it through a kitchen towel, until there is no more water left and you have a fairly dry cauliflower mix or "flour" like consistency (wear gloves when straining).
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower flour along with 4 basil leaves (washed and chopped), cheese, egg and corn flour into a bowl and mix together until you have a smooth "dough" (season slightly with salt & pepper).
- Form small "bread sticks" and place them in the oven for around 20 minutes until golden brown.
For the dip: chop the tomatoes, the remaining basil and the onion into small pieces. Add a spoon of lemon juice and season with salt & pepper until you have a tasteful fresh salsa to dip your breads in!
Nutrition Nation TIP: can be kept in the fridge for 5 days without any problems.