Preparation time: 15 min + 1 day “rest”
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut syrup
- 2 tablespoons of probiotic bacteria mix (can be from your usual probiotics) OR 2 store bought yoghurts of your choice OR 1 sachet of kefir bacteria “starter” (can be bought in health stores across HK)
- 3 tablespoons chia seed
- ½ -1 banana, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons of dried fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon organic cacao bits
- Don’t be scared – it’s super easy to prepare your own yoghurt!
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil and in the meantime sterilize 3-4 glass jars (just pour boiled water over them) and set them aside.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the coconut syrup and take it off the heat. Let it cool down for about 1 hour.
- Once cooled off, add the “bacteria” of your choice; stir it well and fill the yoghurt into your jars. Note, that it’s very liquid, however it will settle over night.
For the topping: chop the fruits and nuts as suggested or choose any chia seed - nuts - and fruit combination of your liking.
Nutrition Nation TIP: Can be kept for a week in the fridge. And if you don’t enjoy the coconut taste, try the same recipe with organic soy or rice milk!