Prep Time: 45 mins
- 2 free range chicken breast fillets
- 1 zucchini
- 10 baby corn
- 15-20 pieces green asparagus
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt, pepper and any seasoning you would like to add
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 100 ml water
- 1 handful of fresh coriander – in the sauce, on the vegetables or to serve on top (I put mine into the stir-fried vegetables)
- 1 cup of raw tri-colour quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon flour (any)
- Super easy dish and great for beginners!
- Wash and chop all of your ingredients: onions, garlic, chicken, and vegetables. You want to chop everything in "mouth bite pieces", except for the onions and the garlic (finely chopped).
- Use a medium sized pan, set it on medium heat and drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil into it. Adding the chicken first and little by little all other vegetables (except onion and garlic), stir fry everything for around 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- In the meantime, bring the water to a boil and boil the tri-colour quinoa (quickly wash it first) for 13 minutes, then strain well and set aside (keep warm).
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the chicken vegetable mix and keep it warm on the side in a covered bowl.
- Do NOT clean the pan, but use the exact same pan now to prepare the sauce: drizzle another tablespoon of oil into it; heat and add the onions and the garlic.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add the seasoning including the curry powder as well as the flour.
- After 1 minute, add the coconut milk and the water and give it a good stir while bringing the sauce to a boil. Once the sauce has reached a thickness that you like, pour it into a saucepan or anywhere else to keep it warm.
- Quickly reheat the chicken vegetable mix and serve everything together on one plate, starting with the quinoa in the middle.
Nutrition Nation TIP: Can be kept for up to 5 days in the fridge. If you like a vegetarian versions of this dish, simply use 3-4 tablespoons of beans or legumes per person instead of the chicken. YUM