Prep time: 30 mins
- 1 medium sized egg
- 250 grams cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 handful of fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Wash all vegetables and chop them finely (the cauliflower the finest). You want to create a very fine cauliflower “grated mix”, so that it almost looks like “rice”.
- Bring water to a boil and boil fine cauliflower bits for 3-5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In the meantime, finely mince the onion as well as the garlic and start frying them in a medium sized pan on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil. Once the onion garlic mix is golden brown, turn the heat down and season with salt & pepper and add all remaining ingredients– except for the egg and the herbs.
- Stir-fry the mix for 10 minutes and add the egg while scrambling it into the “fried rice” for another 2-3 minutes. Add the herbs at the very end for a few seconds of stir-frying and enjoy this light “fried rice” dish.
Nutrition Nation TIP: also works as a "shrimp fried rice version! YUM