Serving size: 2 portions
Preparation time: 15 mins
- 800 grams of shrimp
- 1 large zucchini
- ¾ cup of raw quinoa (or tricolour quinoa)
- ½ small onion
- ½ garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 15 chopped almonds
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- Optional: 1 egg
- Bring water to a boil and cook the quinoa for 12 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the zucchini and the vegetables; finely chop the onion and the garlic and finely grate the zucchini.
- Heat a pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the onions and the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the peeled shrimp and quickly stir-fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the grated zucchini and the quinoa and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes. (You don’t want to overcook the shrimp, yet make sure they’re not raw anymore). Add the chopped nuts and any herbs of your preference.
Nutrition Nation TIP: for a super-nutritious and filling dinner, beat one egg into the dish (similar concept to egg fried rice) and stir-fry it for the last 3-4 minutes together with the delicious healthy stir-fry. This recipe is popular for families as it's a great way to “sneak” vegetables into the dish.