Serves: 4 portions
Prep time: 50 mins
For the pizza:
- 6 slices of cooked ham
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1-400 gram can of plum tomatoes
- ½ clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of grounded pepper
- 1 extra tablespoon salt for the dough
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1.5 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups of gluten-free flour
For the salad:
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 block sheep feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. If possible, use a pizza stone to bake the crust on.
2. Mix the water and 1.5 tablespoons of oil together with the salt and stir well.
3. Add the liquid mix to the baking powder and flour and combine it well.
4. Spread the dough on the pizza stone and bake it for 15 minutes.
[Note: you won’t be able to actually “roll” the dough, so simply press it onto the stone. Make sure to have a layer of non-stick baking paper beneath it to allow for proper removal. Baking it already will ensure the crispiness.
5. After 15 minutes, remove it from the heat and set aside.
6. In the meantime, prepare the tomato sauce: blend the garlic and ½ of the onion together and season well. Optional: add oregano.
7. Spread the tomato sauce generously and evenly on the pizza crust.
8. Top up with ham or other cold cuts and the remaining finely chopped onion. Bake it in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
9. While waiting, prepare the salad: peel and slice the avocados. Season with fresh herbs, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add the chopped feta cheese on top and enjoy!
TIP: like all of our healthy recipes, this is again written and tasted by our nutritionists. Be aware that this healthy version is still very carby and should be eaten as a healthy treat, but not every night.