Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups of whole rolled oats
- ½ cup heat proof oil (refined canola or coconut oil)
- 5 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- ½ cup mulberries (or any dried berries of your choice)
- ½ cup chopped, dried apricots
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oil, cinnamon, almonds, sugar and oats together until they’re all covered in this yummy, oily sweet layer. Place the mix evenly on a tray and bake it for 10 minutes in the oven or until golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and mix it instantly with the dried fruit. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Once it’s cool, pour it in your favourite muesli jar and keep it for up to 4 weeks.
See More: 7 of the Best Breakfasts in Hong Kong
Nutrition Nation TIP: for an ideal breakfast, eat 4-6 tablespoons of the muesli with 1 small cup of yoghurt (coconut, soy, almond milk or cow milk-based yoghurt) and ½ a banana.