Sweet and tangy… fresh and rich… light and hearty… These adjectives sound like they're describing different meals, right? Wrong.
This lentil, mushroom and brown rice stroganoff hits the nail on the head and delivers a complex combination of all the right flavours in every spoonful.
You won't regret making this bad boy for breakfast, lunch or dinner.... you'll even lick the plate clean!
- 3 large knobs vegan butter
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked brown rice
- 5 mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 can brown lentils
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk rosemary (stalk & leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/4 can coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 lime (juice)
- 1 small stalk thyme
- Chilli (as much as you'd like)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large zucchini, spiralised
- 1/2 tomato, finely diced
- Coriander to garnish
- Heat butter, garlic and rosemary in a small pot.
- Add parsley, coriander, Worchestershire sauce and white wine.
- Allow to simmer for 2 minutes before stirring in the brown rice, lentils and mushrooms.
- Mix well and simmer on high heat until fragrant.
- Add coconut cream, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, lime juice, chilli and water.
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, remove lid and sprinkle in thyme leaves.
- Serve over freshly spiralised zucchini noodles, and top with fresh tomato and coriander.
- EAT AND ENJOY!
Photo credit: Goveganmeow
Combining the freshness of the tomato and zucchini noodles with a hearty sauce makes for a bangin' party in your mouth!
Not only free from cholesterol, saturated fat and processed sugar, the brown rice/lentil combo is a delicious complete protein, which is essential for your body to make new cells.