As part of the European Quality Pork, from Denmark campaign, renowned chef Kit Mak has created four mouth-watering recipes featuring Danish pork.
Here, Chef Mak shows us how to cook fall-off-the-bone roast European pork baby-back ribs.
Watch the recipe video tutorial below:
- 2 packs Danish Pork Baby-Back Ribs
- 4½ tbsp Korean chilli paste
- 3½ tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup, to marinate
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup, to glaze
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Remove the membranes of the ribs.
- Combine the Korean chilli paste, ketchup, soy sauce and honey or maple syrup in a bowl.
- Apply the sauce mixture to the ribs. Pour the oil on the surface of the ribs. Wrap each rack with two sheets of foil, sealed at the edges to form a bag.
- Put the ribs into the preheated oven at 120°C for 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the oven. Increase the oven temperature from 120°C to 220°C.
- Carefully open the foil bags. Brush the cooking juices and honey or maple syrup over the ribs.
- Place the ribs back in the oven, uncovered, for 5–10 minutes, or until the surface of the ribs are just starting to brown.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and pile onto a serving board or plate with some salad.
For more recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook