Top image via Pitmaster X
"Adding fresh herbs, basil pesto and fresh breadcrumbs combine to make this favourite cut of lamb even more extraordinary"
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 lamb cutlet racks from Farmer’s Kitchen. You can cut the fat off and have them frenched like in the image below, or leave it on for cooking then cut excess fat off (8 cutlets on each rack)
- ¼ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp pesto
- Roasted vegetables like red onion wedges, zucchini and sweet potato to serve with the lamb
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place lamb in a roasting dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and pesto in a bowl, mix well.
- Press the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top of the lamb racks.
- Roast the lamb racks uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 170°C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes (medium rare) or until the lamb is cooked the way you like it.
- Remove the lamb racks, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 5 minutes before cutting the racks into cutlets.
- Serve the lamb racks with with roasted vegetables.
This recipe and image originated from Beef & Lamb – a great website for all your beef and lamb recipes.