MORE exciting vendors participating in Food for Thought Explorer Event. If you missed the part one list, please click here.
- Metropolitain - Opened in March 2013, the restaurant is one of the "pioneers" in the neighbourhood, and is conceived around the emblematic Parisian MTR. Under the direction of Chef Frank Lebiez, the restaurant showcases French home-cooking cuisine with a Provencale touch (46 High Street, 6271 6102)
- Pastis Wine Cellar - This fine wine store offers a wide selection of French wines hand picked by experts. The assortment includes Red, White, Rosé and Sweet Wines available for any budget. (20 High Street, 6313 1261)
- Ping Pong 129 Gintoneria- A bar for "those in the know", Ping Pong's cavernous interior hides behind a simple red door, decorated with a ping pong racket-shaped window. The industralised chic interior with its high ceiling offers a spacious, unique environment for patrons to enjoy some of the finest gin-based libations in Hong Kong. Our particular favourite is the subtly blue, and incredibly smooth London No.1 gin. (129 Second Street, 9158 1584)
- Pizzeria Italia - The secret is all in the sauce, as Pizzeria Italia's homemade tomato sauce has been winning over plenty of taste buds. With a large selection of pizzas, as well as an open, casual setting, this pizzeria is the perfect spot to grab a slice of pie with friends. (43 High Street, 2525 2519)
- Phukets Thai - A long-standing favourite on Hong Kong's dining scene, the restaurant has been serving up mouth-watering Thai favourites to its loyal neighbourhood following for years. Highlights include their aromatic tom yum soup as well as their fresh, zesty pomelo salad. (46 High Street, 2868 9672)
- SpiceBox Organic - Spice Box Organics is the mecca for those craving healthy, environmentally friendly and delicious foods. The boutique gourmet shop is stocked full of USDA certified organic food, with over 800 products to fill your pantry with. There's even an assortment of organic personal hygiene products to choose from, as well ad household cleaners to make your pad sparkle, all with safe and organic products. (72 Third Street, 2568 2728)
- Stack - Brought to SYP by the cool brothers behind Twin Kitchen is this flash pancake house; flipping up everything from ordinary breakfast rounds to complex creations like short ribs perched on pancakes and eggs Benedict with pancakes as the base. With cool and contemporary surroundings, you’ll instantly feel hip just knowing about this place. (1 Third Street, 2549 9787)
- U-Hang - True to its name, U-Hang is a trendy, hip Korean restaurant with a chill out vibe. It re-invents robust Korean flavours with a modern twist, bringing you a whole new fun and exciting dining experience. (58 High Street, 2549 6788)
- Umami Concepts - Umami Concepts is a kitchen studio that creates tailor-made dining experiences with a signature interactive approach to cooking and sharing food. Our cozy-chic space can be reserved for a variety of events and needs, from private to corporate to commercial. (2/f, 35 Bonham Road, 9449 0020)
- Winerack - Good wine doesn't have to cost a fortune, and this is the ethos behind Winerack, an affordable wine distributor offering high quality bottles at very reasonable prices. The wines are imported directly from trusted wineries, with many bottles in the $50 to $150 range, proving that good taste doesn't have to come with a hefty price tag. (25 High Street, 2335 0518)
And that, friends, is the full download of partners for the Food for Thought event this Saturday. There are tons to explore. Each ticket includes $360-worth of Thought Dollars to exchange for food & drinks. (For a limited time, you can top up the ticket for $38 and receive a one-month subscription of The Economist and receive their Megachange book (worth $370) at the event. )
Pictures are for reference only, and do not represent what are offered at the event.