Prep time: 10–12 min
Cooking time: 5 min
- 500g wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 300g fresh peas
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve ½ cup of the cooking water for later.
- While the pasta cooks, remove the woody ends of the asparagus and slice into strips or bite-sized pieces. Place the asparagus into a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus for a few minutes until slightly softened and charred before adding in the peas and cooking for a further minute. Add ½ of the juice of 1 lemon and mix in the chilli flakes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta with the juice of 1 lemon and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Add in the Parmesan cheese and a large handful of freshly chopped mint.
- When the pasta is ready, empty into a bowl with the vegetables and add in the ricotta mixture. Toss through the pasta to combine. Use a little of the reserved cooking water to loosen if necessary.
- Serve the pasta with an extra squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a final grating of Parmesan cheese.