Chef Daniel Dungca has been working as a chef in Hong Kong since 2007. He is currently the head chef at Bungalow and has shared his favourite recipes with Foodie.
If you don’t feel like cooking, you can book Bungalow online.
Grilled pork chops
Prep time: 25 min
Cooking time: 25 min
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sea salt and coarse black pepper, mixed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 green apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 sprig (approx 10g) fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- 100g rocket
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g feta cheese
- Place the apple slices in a hot pan and add the sugar and cinnamon. Cover and cook until tender. Use a food processor or blender to purée the cooked apple. This apple purée can be served alongside the pork chops.
- Heat a large pan or skillet, add 3 tbsp olive oil and put in the pork chops. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned, then flip over. Add the garlic and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for another 5 min, then remove the chops from the pan, keeping the jus from the pork. Add the white wine and chopped rosemary to the jus, then reduce until thickened.
- In a bowl, mix together the rocket, cherry tomatoes, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice and feta cheese.
- Slice the pork chops across the grain, serve with the rocket salad and apple purée and drizzle with the seasoned pork jus.
This recipe originally appeared in the May/June 2019 issue of Foodie Magazine
For more awesome recipes like this, like Foodie on Facebook