Chef Daniel Dungca began his career in 2007 at Le Traiteur, an open kitchen/delicatessen concept where he was able to learn the ins and outs of the business. In 2010, he joined SEVVA Hong Kong, where he was able to further enhance his culinary skills. In 2012, Chef Dungca joined Oolaa Central as sous-chef, and then he was transferred to Oolaa Petite in 2017 and appointed the head chef there.
Currently, Chef Dungca continues to expand his horizons and his dedication to the F&B industry by leading the kitchen team at Bungalow, working constantly towards perfecting new culinary creations for the restaurant.
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- 680g fresh Boston lobster (approx)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 inner celery stalks, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt and ground black pepper, mixed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 hot-dog buns
- 20g chives, chopped
- In boiling water, add the lobster to a large pot and cover for about 10 min. Put the cooked lobster in ice water to stop the cooking process. Remove the lobster meat from the shell and chop into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, paprika or cayenne, olive oil and salt and pepper. Keep inside the fridge for 10 min for the meat to absorb the flavours.
- Cut the top of a hot-dog bun open in a V shape, spread with half the butter and toast in the oven for 2 min at 180°C. Repeat with the second bun.
- Place the marinated lobster on top of the buns and sprinkle the chopped chives on top.