These actually contain almost the ideal ratio of protein to carbs needed for your morning energy intake. Make them over the weekend and then pop for breakfast during the week.
Prep time: 50 mins
- 2 cups gluten free self raining flour
- 1/4 cup milled flax seeds
- 1/5 cup melted butter / oil
- 1.5 tsp coconut nectar
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1.5 tsp instant yeast (organic)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of ham
- ½ hand full of sun dried tomatoes
- 4 thin slices of zucchini (cut 4 very thin 8-10 cm long slices of 0.5 mm
- Mix all dry ingredients together and place yeast and warm milk with the nectar in the middle and let it rest for 3 minutes. Mix everything together (you need a mixer) and cover for 20- 30 minutes with a kitchen towel to let rest and rise.
- Bring water to boil and boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Let the eggs cool down and peel them.
- Pre-heat oven to 190 C and prepare your buns: wrap the eggs in 2 ham slices and 1 zucchini slice each. Then sprinkle some sun-dried tomatoes around them. With flour covered hands form small buns and flatten them out, so that you can wrap one egg (with the ham etc.) in one small roll, until the egg is completely covered by the dough. You want this roll-crust around the egg to be approximately 1 cm thick. Drizzle a bit of melted butter on top of each bun to make it shiny.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Nation tip:
If you have left over dough, simply form small buns and bake them alongside the egg rolls for small roll snacks that are great when toasted.