This article originally appeared in the latest April edition of Foodie: A Woman's Place. Read it here!
Prep time: 40 mins
- 200g ricotta
- 4 eggs, separated
- ½ tsp sea salt and ½ tsp ground pepper
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 slices of pancetta, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 170 C and position rack in lower third. Butter and flour dust 4 soufflé forms and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and whisk all ingredients together – leaving the egg whites aside. Then whisk the egg whites until you get a stiff form. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture until it’s roughly combined. Fill the mixture in your forms and bake for 30 mins.
- Quickly pan-fry the pancetta until crispy and sprinkle on top of your souffles. For the vegetarian version, simply omit this last step.
Nutrition Nation tip:
Soufflés are best served warm out of the oven, so that they are well risen. The longer you wait, the more they shrink.