Prep time: 35 min
- 100g pancetta
- 3 eggs
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 350g gluten-free pasta (like quinoa pasta – cooks very well!)
- OR make your own pasta: 150g gluten-free rice flour, plus extra for dusting, 50g potato starch, 1 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp xanthan gum, 1⁄4 tsp fine sea salt, 3 large eggs, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the pancetta in 1cm thin slices and peel the garlic cloves but don’t cut.
- Bring water to boil and add your homemade or store bought pasta for 6-7 minutes.In the meantime, heat a pan with the butter and pan-fry the pancetta as well as the garlic cloves. After 5 minutes remove the garlic cloves.
- Rinse the pasta and transfer to the pan with the pancetta and give it a good mix.
- Turn the heat off and add eggs as well as cheese (set 2 tablespoons aside for decoration). It’s important that the heat is off, so the eggs don’t start to scramble. Give it all a good mix, drizzle some olive oil on top and serve.
Nutrition Nation tip:
Although this traditional dish is healthier than the creamy version, it’s still a carb-rich dish. You may want to lighten it up with fresh herbs and a fresh spinach salad on the side.