This article originally appeared in the latest May edition of Foodie: Jamie's Hong Kong. Read it here!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- ⅓ cup Sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp membrillo (quince paste) or orange marmalade
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium Asian pears, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 cups mixed chicories (such as radicchio, escarole, and/or frisée), torn into 2” pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat vinegar in a small saucepan over medium. Add membrillo, whisking to dissolve, then whisk in mustard. Season with salt and pepper; let cool.
- Toss pears and chicories in a large bowl. Whisk oil into membrillo mixture; season with salt. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with walnuts.
If you want to taste their dishes in person they can be found at Common Ground in Sheung Wan and Stack in Sai Ying Pun. Styling by Jo Lorenz and photography by Sophie Jin. Check out the twins' Facebook here