Servings: 6 pieces
Prep time: 10–15 mins
Cooking time: 35–40 mins
- 1–2 leeks, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½–2 bowls cooked brown rice or white rice
- 1 lb cooked spinach, drained, pat dried and chopped
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ½ cup grated pecorino
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ tsp nutmeg powder
- ½ cayenne pepper powder
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Preheat a frying pan with a little oil on medium heat, cook leeks for 3 minutes until they turn translucent. Add chopped garlic and cook for another 1–2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add brown rice, chopped spinach, grated cheese (set a sprinkling aside for top), nutmeg, cayenne pepper, bread crumbs (set a sprinkling aside for top), eggs, and season. Mix well.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a baking tray, transfer the mixture to the dish and even out the surface with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Set the oven at 180°C, bake for 35–40 minutes. Serve warm with a side of greens or as an appetiser.
By Cindy Lam. Check out her ever-delectable vegetarian blog, Ms Food Division for more tantalising recipes.