Servings: 4 persons
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50–60 mins
- extra-virgin olive oil 1 onion
- finely chopped 2–3 garlic cloves
- finely chopped bunch rosemary leaves
- bunch sage leaves
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 carrots chopped into chunks
- 1 large potato, chopped into chunks
- ½ medium size pumpkin chopped into chunks
- 1 bowl soaked overnight Chinese beans and barley
- ¹/³ glass white wine
- 1½ L water
- 1 vegetable stock tablet
- 250g Chinese spinach
- Preheat a large saucepan with oil on medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic, rosemary, sage, leek, and carrots for 5 minutes. Add the potato, pumpkin, beans, barley, and white wine, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in water and vegetable stock and bring the pot to boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 45–50 minutes until the beans and barley are tender. Add the spinach and season the soup with salt and pepper before serving.
By Cindy Lam. Check out her ever-delectable vegetarian blog, Ms Food Division for more tantalising recipes.