This article originally appeared in the latest June edition of Foodie: The Foodie Forks. Read it here!
Chef Steve Chou at Bungalow gives us his best dishes for wowing guests at your next sit down soirée.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g cucumber
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100ml of heavy cream
- 25 mint leavessherry vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- King crab meat, a handful per bowl
- finely diced tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a little oil until they become translucent.
- Peel, deseed and dice the cucumbers, reserving half of one to garnish later.
- Add the garlic and chopped cucumbers to the sweating onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the cream and boil for five minutes.
- Take off the heat and blend the soup, adding the mint leaves.
- Once the soup is cool, pass through a fine sieve, season with sherry vinegar, salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Garnish with the reserved cucumber, crabmeat, diced tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.