For more stories like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
Servings: 8 pieces
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 60 mins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (extracted from 1½-2 fresh lemons)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 plain yoghurt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, milk, and yoghurt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the wet mixture to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray. Sprinkle lemon zest on top and bake for about an hour.
By Cindy Lam and her ever-delectable vegetarian blog Ms Food Division