This article originally appeared in the latest July edition of Foodie: The Future of Food. Read it here!
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 350g sashimi grade yellowtail, sliced in 25g pieces
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- ½ nashi pear, julienned
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons of Korean red pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pinches toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Combine the carrots, Asian pears and coriander and dress with enough fish sauce to lightly coat the vegetables.
- In another small bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place yellowtail on a serving platter. Brush with the dressing so that each piece of fish has a light coating of sauce.
- Place the salad on top of the fish. Garnish with additional sesame seeds if desired.
Check out modern Korean private kitchen, Sook, to discover more of Mina Park's favourite Korean flavours.