For more stories like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
Classic Entrecote Bordelaise Recipe with Mexican Beef
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 x 300 g beef sirloin steaks
- 100 g butter
- 2 shallots
- 100 ml red wine
- 200 ml demi-glace or beef stock
- handful of asparagus
- baby carrots
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, melt half of the butter. Add in the steaks and brown on both sides. Sprinkle on salt and pepper, and cook to desired doneness. Set steaks aside on warm plate.
- Sauté vegetables in the same pan, using the leftover butter from the steak, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Add in demi-glace and red wine, stirring well to deglaze the pan, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in the remaining cold butter into the sauce in small cubes, stirring until the sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Plate the dish and drizzle sauce over steak, garnish with a caramelised shallot.