For more stories like this one, like Foodie on Facebook.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs
- 1kg Mexican Beef chuck, cubed
- 1 litre water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100 g bell pepper, cut into strips
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 50 g tomato paste
- 30 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 large bay leaves
- 3 medium potatoes, sliced
- 100 g green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the beef in water until tender (approximately 1 hour). Add pineapple juice and onion.
- In a separate pan, sauté garlic until slightly browned, add to beef and broth.
- Add tomato sauce and tomato paste into the beef stew, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, bell pepper, carrots and potatoes.
- Simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender (about 10 minutes). then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot on individual servings of cooked rice, or as a standalone stew.