For more recipes like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
Prep time: 1 hr
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 500 g ground lean beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 30 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 400 g chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, whole
- Combine ground beef, egg, nutmeg, Parmesan and parsley in a food processor and pulse for 2 to 3 minutes until well mixed. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in chopped onion and garlic. Stir and cook until onion turns translucent, then add tomatoes, capers, and olives. Bring to a simmer.
- Form the ground beef into small round balls and add them into the skillet. Cook in the sauce for about 20-30 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink and the sauce has reduced.
- Serve with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.