For more recipes like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 slices beef fillet (250 g each)
- 60 ml brandy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 4 tbsp pickled green peppercorns
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of potatoes
- sprigs of parsley
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks, and toss with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and dry rosemary. Roast in oven at 180 degrees celsius for 30 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan and grill the fillets until steak is cooked to your liking. Transfer onto a heated platter.
- Pour brandy into the pan, light it up, and gently stir until the flames have subsided.
- Stir in the cream slowly, as well as the peppercorns. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate the roasted potatoes and fillets, pour over with sauce, and garnish with a sprig of parsley.