Top photo credit: Flickr
For more recipes like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
French toast is a tasty way to start the day. It was quite popular a couple of years ago in different forms. Even Burger King got on the train and had the French toast sticks and a French toast sandwich. This is our version that is filled with oozy chocolatey Nutella.
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 pieces of the toast (your choice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- fillings for the toast such as Nutella, peanut butter, jelly, cream cheese, any type of fruit, etc.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- maple syrup / other syrups for dunking the toast in or on top of
- butter for the pan to fry the toast
- Take the bread that you have chosen and roll it out thin with a rolling pin. Remove the crust if desired.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of your desired filling (we strongly suggest Nutella as it is divine when it warms up inside the toast) onto your bread in a strip.
- Start about 1 inch from the edge of the bread.
- Roll the pieces of bread up.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together.
- Add about a tablespoon of butter to a skillet and heat it up.
- Dip the rolls into the egg and milk mixture and make sure they get completely covered.
- Add the rolls to the hot skillet and make sure you put the seam of the bread facing down in the pan.
- Cook until the rolls are golden brown on all sides and remove from the skillet.
- Roll the rolls in a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar and serve while still hot. Dunk the rolls in your desired syrup or just enjoy them plain.
Photo credit: Loud Stellar