Top photo credit: Meal Makeover Moms
For more articles like this one, like Foodie on Facebook
Coconut products are all the rage right now. People are drinking coconut water, using coconut cooking products and eating coconuts like it's a trend about to go-out-of-style. Well now it seems that eating a little bit of coconut oil everyday may really help your long-term health. Communities that have a coconut-based diet, such as groups in the South Pacific, are known to be some of the healthiest humans on the planet and have some of the lowest incidences of heart disease. Here are a few of the health benefits associated with regular coconut oil consumption:
Photo credit: Tom Woodward
- Coconut oil is known for decreasing your appetite and this results in an individual eating less overall without being hungry.
- Coconut oil helps most people lose weight and actually reduces obesity in the abdominal region. It also aids the body in insulin resistance and is a wonderful resource to help with digestion.
- Due to its ability to help with insulin resistance, it works wonders for sufferers of type 2 diabetes.
- If you actually apply the coconut oil to your face it can help the with the signs of aging and it strengthens the connective tissues and can help with the prevention of facial wrinkles.
- Coconut oil is great for your digestion! It is easy on the stomach and sufferers of stomach ailments have greatly benefited from consuming coconut oil regularly.
- Due to the fattiness of the acids in coconut oil, it is actually preferred in some parts of the world to olive oil due to its ability to cook at higher temperatures. The next time you are cooking from a recipe that calls for the oil to be really hot, think of substituting your olive oil for coconut oil.
Photo credit: Badruddeen
These are just some of the benefits of coconut oil. The more that we as humans utilise and consume coconut oil the more benefits we will probably attribute to this wonderful drupe.