Top photo credit: Flickr
For other recipes similar to this one, like Foodie on Facebook
And chicken and broccoli are an unbeatable combination!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Photo credit: Steven Lilly
- 2 cups of broccoli florets steamed
- 8 ounces of fettuccine (your choice of pasta - whole wheat, gluten-free, etc.)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour (use gluten-free flour to make this a gluten-free dish)
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup plain Fage greek yoghurt (non-fat if possible)
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups total)
Photo credit: Linda D
- Heat a pan with water in it to a boil. Add your choice of pasta and cook until fully tender according to the pasta's directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium to large sized pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the olive oil and cook until the garlic starts to lightly brown. Stir frequently to avoid burning the garlic. This usually only takes a couple of minutes.
- Add the flour to the pan and whisk it until there are no flour lumps. Whisk in the chicken broth along with the milk, pepper, nutmeg and yoghurt.
- Bring the mixture to a light boil and continue to stir frequently. Lower the heat and simmer until the mixture has fully thickened. This will take about 2 or 3 minutes typically.
- Add the parmesan cheese to the mixture.
- Lastly, add the cooked chicken and broccoli as well as the cooked pasta to the mixture and stir well.
- Serve with cracked pepper and parmesan cheese if desired.