This article originally appeared in the latest September issue of Foodie: Cooking with Jamie Oliver. Read it here!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 320g dried pasta shells
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh red chilli
- olive oil
- 200g frozen peeled cooked prawns
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- 30g Parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot three-quarters of the way up with boiling water, add a tiny pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta shells and cook according to the timings on the packet, but try some just before the time is up to make sure it’s perfectly cooked.
- Finely chop the garlic. Deseed and finely slice a chilli pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan to medium and saute the garlic and chilli for 1 to 2 minutes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir in the prawns, peas and tomato purée.
- Use a ladle to add a little boiling water from the pasta pan to the sauce.
- Once the pasta is done, ladle out and reserve a mug of the cooking water. Drain the pasta in a colander and tip the pasta back into the pot. Grate over with Parmesan.
- Season the sauce to taste, then stir the pasta into the sauce, adding a splash of the pasta water to loosen, if needed.