This article originally appeared in the latest September issue of Foodie: Cooking with Jamie Oliver. Read it here!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- sea salt
- olive oil
- 4 tbsps natural yoghurt
- 200g blueberries (optional)
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl, then add the flour, milk and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
- Fold through the blueberries
- Put a large frying pan on medium heat. After a minute or so, add 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then flip them over.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate once they are golden on both sides.
- Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt, and some extra berries.