- 2 large chicken fillets
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium butternut squash (cubed)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 bunch of baby asparagus
- 50g semi-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 100g feta cheese
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Begin by tossing the squash and sweet potato into 2 tbsp olive oil and add half a crushed clove of garlic, salt and pepper and the leaves from a sprig of rosemary. Bake in a preheated oven at 200c for 30-40 minutes or until soft and golden. Chop the baby asparagus in half and add to the baking tray for the last ten minutes of baking.
- Place a sheet of cling wrap over your chicken fillets and, using a rolling pin, bang the fillets out so that they flatten to the same thickness throughout. Coat with 1 tbsp olive oil, the remaining crushed garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Place the chicken fillets in a griddle pan for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice thinly and set aside.
- To the couscous, add 1 cup of boiling water, cover with a tea towel and allow to absorb for a few minutes. Using a fork, fluff up the couscous and add pesto. Season to taste. Add the roasted vegetables, spinach and tomatoes. Tip the salad onto a large serving board and top with the sliced chicken and crumbled feta.