Prep time: 20 mins
- 100g raw tuna
- Small bunch chives, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 1 tsp red miso paste
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cucumber
- ½ green apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp crème fraiche
- A few sprigs of dill
- Red sorrel, to garnish (optional)
- Dice the tuna into small pieces and place in a bowl with the chives, chilli, ginger, red miso paste and soy sauce. Let the mixture marinate in the fridge for a few minutes while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices. You can use a mandolin or carefully slice by hand into very thin slices.
- Put a pot of water on to boil and get a bowl of ice water ready. Blanch the cucumber slices in boiling water for 3 seconds and immediately submerge into the ice water. Once cooled, let the cucumber dry on some paper towels.
- Slice the apple into very small pieces and mix in half with the tartare. Adjust the seasoning with a little lemon and lime juice. Add salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve the tartare with the rolled up cucumber slices and add drops of dijon mustard and crème fraiche. Garnish with dill and sorrel leaves.