Prep time: 30 mins
- 4 pearl onions
- Knob of butter
- 3-4 chanterelle mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp vinegar (your favourite kind)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 fillet pre-sliced and pre-smoked red snapper, or salmon or trout will also do nicely
- frisse lettuce
- 1 radish, finely sliced
- Half green apple, finely sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Boil the pearl onions for 5 minutes until soft and separate the layers.
- Pan-fry the mushrooms in a little butter until golden brown.
- Mix the vinegar, olive oil and honey in a bowl and whisk well until you have a smooth vinaigrette dressing. Season to taste.
- Place all the ingredients together into a deep plate. Curl fish into rosebud shapes.
- Finish with the vinaigrette and lemon juice and mayonnaise on top.