This article originally appeared in the February 2016 Issue of Foodie: Beautiful Bakes
Prep time: 25 mins
Baking time: 15 mins
Passion fruit and lime coulis
- 100g fresh passion fruit pulp
- 1 fresh lime juice and zest
- 10g caster sugar
- 2g yellow pectin
- 370g ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50g cake flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 110g melted butter
- To make the coulis, stir the yellow pectin with the sugar and mix well with the passion fruit and lime juice. Cook on a low heat for five minutes until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- For the pancake, separate the eggs and set aside the whites. Beat the ricotta with the egg yolks, lemon zest and flour.
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar to a medium peak.
- Fold the ricotta mixture into the egg whites and add the melted butter. Mix well to make the egg white collapse a little.
- Grease a pan and fill the mixture up to ¾ of the height.
- Bake at 200°C for 15 minutes, serve hot with the passion fruit coulis.