This article originally appeared in the February 2016 Issue of Foodie: Beautiful Bakes
Prep time: 30 mins
Baking time: 15 mins plus cooling
Makes: 20 pieces
- 200ml Kriek beer
- 70g butter
- 10g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 140g cake flour
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 20g caster sugar
- 7g desiccated raspberry powder
- Black cherries
- Lemon zest
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring the beer, butter, sugar and salt to the boil. Add the flour and stir until a ball forms.
- Take the mixture off the heat and gradually beat in the eggs. Mix until smooth and pipe onto a lined baking tray. Each éclair should be 8cm in length.
- Bake at 190°C for 15 minutes.
- For the raspberry cream, whisk the cream with the sugar to soft peaks. Add the raspberry powder and mix.
- Once cooled, cut the top part off the éclairs and and pipe cream in the middle.
- Decorate with fresh black cherries, lemon zest and mint.