Serves: 2–4 persons
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 120g mixed red, green and yellow bell pepper
- 300g beef tenderloin
- ½ tbsp cornstarch, plus extra to thicken the sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Cut the red, green and yellow bell peppers into strips.
- Cut the beef into strips and marinade with the cornstarch, egg yolk and soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- In a large wok, blanch the beef in hot oil for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
- Leave some oil in the wok and sauté the sliced ginger, spring onion and sliced peppers for a few minutes. Add the Shaoxing wine.
- After 2 minutes, add the beef back to the pan along with the salt, sesame oil and water and cover for 1 minute.
- If the sauce looks quite thin, add an additional teaspoon of cornstarch to a splash of water. Mix well and stir in with the beef. Stir continuously over a high heat until the sauce thickens.
Photo credit: RASAMALAYSIA