Serves: 2 - 4
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 whole white fish (sea bass, branzino, or flounder)
- 15g sliced ginger
- 15g sliced chilli
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 25g chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Clean and rinse the fish, then pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Season the fish on a plate with sliced ginger and chilli, Shaoxing wine and vegetable oil.
- Set a steamer into a wok. Fill with 5 cm of water, place over a high heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and place the fish, still on the plate, onto the steamer. Cover the wok tightly and gently steam for 10 minutes.
- The fish will turn opaque and flake slightly but remain moist.
- Take the plate out and drain off any liquid. Scatter the spring onions over the fish and then drizzle with the soy sauce.